Magazines.com, Inc.
The Leading Online Telecom Resourcebanner

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Relay for Life....

Well the Relay for Life went off without a hitch this year!  I was walking with the Kiwanis Club of Bolingbrook/Romeoville.  We only raised $340 as a team, which pailed in comparison to the Home Depot team who raised over $7k on their maiden voyage!  Wow.   They said that they were going to get the entire district involved next year....

Our team was comprised of cancer survivors and volunteers.  One serves on the ACS committee, one is a survivor, I volunteer and the others also volunteer.  You may have seen the "HOPE" sign on the hill in the grass.  I helped paint that this year and it turned out fantastic (I'm so proud to have supported Bruce Keller who came up with the idea).  The weather was beautiful and I believe going in to the event we had raised over $72k dollars for research...what a great cause.  It's a terrible disease that robs you of your life and I'm happy to support an organization that is searching for the cure.  If you would like to donate go to http://www.relayforlifebolingbrookromeoville.com/ and search me out by name or team and you can make a donation up until August!  Thank you!

Somebody asked me about a Buy-write investment option....I'll explain that in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

LinkShare_468x60v1